We all know Vaseline to be made from petroleum jelly. What does that mean? It means that it is a byproduct that is released in the oil industry. And you don’t want to be using any petroleum products because they can cause harm to your health.
Petroleum jelly is capable of creating a seal or coating over your skin. It will thus prevent or interfere with your body’s capacity for removing toxins from the pores.
According to latest studies, published on Chemtox site, petroleum ingredients are toxic and have hazardous side effects:
Petroleum-based compounds have been studied and found to be causing major attritional effects to the human immune and nervous systems when exposed to for a long time. Medical research showed some of the illnesses to be cancers in both adults and children, various neurological disorders, autoimmune disorders, and weakened immune system among others.
According to the research by the Environmental Working Group, various chemical safety assessments in the cosmetic industry show that the commonly used petroleum-based cosmetic ingredients could be contaminated with 1,4-dioxane, which is an impurity that causes cancer.
Fortunately, you could prepare your natural Vaseline at your home using three ingredients.
Your Homemade Vaseline
Only the following ingredients are required:
– Coconut oil – 1/4 cup
– Beeswax – 2 tbsp
– Olive oil – 1/8 cup
– Peppermint or tea tree essential oil
How to Prepare Your Homemade Vaseline?
– Take a small sauce pan and add beeswax and coconut oil into it and place over low-medium heat to melt them.
– Once the mixture melts, remove it and add olive oil.
– Whisk the mixture to ensure that all the ingredients are properly mixed.
– Keep whisking until it is cool and has a creamy consistency that can be poured out with ease.
– Then pour the mixture into a jar/shallow dish.
You can use your homemade Vaseline for an entire year without worrying about its freshness.
Source: Living Traditionally