Are you ashamed of your nails and how people keep staring at how disfigured they have become because of fungus infection? Fungi thrive in dark and humid environments. Your shoes block light from the outside and as you progress through the day wearing them, sweat comes and creates the perfect condition for fungi to multiply.
To prevent infection, avoid sharing foot-wear with anyone as the fungus can spread and become tough to control. If you have been infected, you can wear open shoes to let light in and discourage sweat build-up to create the perfect conditions for fungi.
Also you should use Apple Cider Vinegar, which is acidic to treat the infected nails. After the mild acidic treatment, you should neutralize any ph imbalances using baking soda. Both active ingredients are easy to find in local grocery stores. Alone can be used in amazing cooked and baked meals, but once combined can be used for so many health benefits.
The chemistry behind the ingredients in the treatment procedure:
– Apple Cider Vinegar – vinegars are acidic. They create an uncomfortable environment for the proliferation of fungi. Once exposed to the acidic conditions, the fungus affecting you begins to de-nature and eventually die away.
– Baking Soda – This is an amphoteric substance. This means it reacts to acids and bases the same way and brings a state of ph equilibrium (ph 7). Applied after the acidic bath to neutralize the acid and avoid your feet being attacked by other acid based conditions.
The treatment procedure:
As explained above, the acid bath comes first.
1. Stir the Apple Cider Vinegar in a dish large enough to submerge your feet up to your ankles.
2. Sit with your feet in the cider for 20 – 30 minutes for best results.
3. Remove feet from dish and wipe the acid off with a dry cloth until your feet are dry.
The next steps involve neutralizing the acquired acidic conditions with soda.
4. Once confirmed dry, soak the feet in warm water for an added 20 minutes
5. Introduce Baking soda to the water and stir with your feet.
6. Sit soaked in the mixture for another 20 minutes.
The process, although long and needing patience, yields great results with over-time repeated use. Over time your nails will be cured from the fungi infestation and the nails having been repeatedly softened by the acid can now grow with smooth form.
Most important is avoiding re-infection, treat all your shoes with anti-fungal powders and your nails deserve to be brushed regularly with a nail brush and dried each time before imprisoned for long hours on end in shoes.
Source: Weekly Healthy Life