Your body’s immune system is very important as it helps to protect your body from viral, bacterial and fungal infections that ordinarily would overwhelm your entire system.
While your lungs help to inhale oxygen into your body system and exhale carbon dioxide out of it through your nose. Where you have nasal congestion then the ability of your lungs to function effectively will be greatly compromised.
Our Bodies Make Mucus
It is believed that our body makes as much as 1 to 2 litres of mucus daily. The mucus has its health benefits but when we are suffering from common cold and the flu it tends to get clogged up in our lungs and nasal cavity causing discomfort.
If you notice a greenish colored mucus or blood mixed mucus it is advisable that you visit your doctor as it could be indicative of a more serious problem.
Our body’s immune system has a major role to play in ensuring that our body is protected against diseases and it is able to clearly differentiate between healthy cells, tissues and bacteria from unhealthy ones which it will invariably attack and destroy.
Lymph nodes form part of our immune system and they store as well as produce cells that are sent off to attack the harmful bacteria and viruses that get into our body. The spleen is also part of our immune system and it contains the white blood cells in our body and also regulates the volume of blood in our body. Another part of the immune system is the bone marrow which stores stem cells and also produces the white blood cells.
The immune system generate antibodies that helps to destroy viruses which can transform into diseases that can cause serious harm.
Homemade Recipe To Boost Your Immune System
- Oats – 1/4 cup
- Pure natural honey – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- First rinse the oats and then mix it with a cup of honey and water.
- Use a 100ml glass jar to mix the ingredients.
- Make sure you boil the mixture for a couple of minutes, afterwards leave it at room temperature overnight.
- Strain the mixture in the morning and store it in a glass bottle.
- Refrigerate the solution and use it for seven days.
- Drink between 30 and 40 ml of this recipe in the morning and in an empty stomach.
- You should drink this recipe for 40 days, then take a 15 day break then repeat for another 40 days.
- Make sure you take it for 40 days straight without missing a single day.
- It can be taken by children as well, but once taken for the first 40 days that should be sufficient for the year.
By taking this DIY homemade recipe you will get rid of any excess mucus build up in your lungs and throat. You will have lungs that are free from any congestion and will be able to function effectively once more.
Source: Just Amazing Recipes