The Quenepa fruit is also known as Spanish lime and it is a potent fruit that can cure insomnia and boost your brain power and function in just a matter of minutes.
This fruit is predominantly found in the northern regions of South America and naturally grows on the coast as well as in the forests of Central America and the Caribbean.
Spanish lime comes in two tastes namely sour and sweet and people have been known to eat it with salt, lime and even chili powder.
Quenepa fruit is often called Spanish lime particularly in the U.S because they are similar to lime in terms of their shape and size.
They have a leathery but soft skin and they have a jelly-like flesh known as aril. This flesh comes in different colours such as orange and yellow and it also has a sweet and sour taste.
Health Benefits Of Quenepa Fruit
Here’s a run-down of the nutritional facts of the Spanish lime.
- Vitamins B1, B3, B6 and B12
- Vitamin C
- Amino acids
- Unsaturated fatty acids (oleic and linoleic)
The high fiber content of Spanish lime helps to combat constipation as well as reduce cholesterol.
Your immune system is given a vital boost by the vitamin A which also helps to curb urinary stones buildup.
Quenepa fruit is also rich in a variety of other vitamins which are rich in antioxidant properties that help to fight free-radicals and thereby prevents premature aging.
The calcium present in the Spanish lime will help keep your bones and teeth healthy and strong.
You will give your digestive system an added boost while your hormones are equally regulated when you eat Spanish line and this is because of its phosphorus content.
Other health benefits include;
- Reduction of blood pressure.
- Helps with the treatment of asthma.
- It combats cardiovascular diseases.
- It boosts your immune system and helps your body ward-off infections.
- It is great in combating lung and urinary tract infections.
- It helps to restore balance to your nervous system and also to combat insomnia.
- It is great for resolving constipation issues.
- It improves your reproductive health.
- It is known to be effective in containing the spread of cancer.
- It helps to prevent kidney related ailments.
- It helps fight anemia by increasing the production of red blood cells in the body.
- It is effective in destroying harmful bacteria in the body.
- It will lower bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body.
- It is great for the health of your bones and teeth.
- It will combat the common cold, flu and bronchitis effectively.
- When the seeds are roasted or grinded and mixed with pure natural honey, it is effective in taking care of diarrhoea.
- It is useful in the treatment of acne, pimples and other skin related ailments.
- It helps improve your oral health like treating any gum disease.
- It is great for combating stomach ulcers.
Source: Natural Healing Magazine