If you want to lose weight, your abdomen is going to give you the biggest challenge. Everyone wants to flaunt a tight and flat stomach, but no one wants to do the abs because they are tiring and so hard to do. But you shouldn’t get disappointed already. We have some great things to tell you. Some of the top fitness experts in the world have resolved this problem and their solution is claimed to be equivalent to 1,000 abs exercises.
The experts have come up with an amazing exercise known as “the plank.” This is a static workout which involves your full body weight falling onto your hands and toes. The remaining body will remain flat just like the plank. Interestingly, you will not have to move your body in this exercise.
It will tighten your stomach and make it flat. That is not all. It will also help you get relief from back pain because when you have firm stomach muscles, they also help in holding your spine effectively.
If you want to get the best results out of this exercise, you should start by putting your body in the right position. The experts have provided the following instructions for this exercise:
Getting Into the Right Position
– Put your hands on the floor making sure they are firmly in place. Make sure your shoulders are straight. Also extend your neck and keep it straight.
– This exercise put the primary focus on the abs, but you will also feel the ‘fire’ sensation in your legs too. But if you don’t feel the fire in your legs, get the heels in such a position that your weight goes on the toes. This will start you making feel tense in the thigh muscles. Now contract the butt muscles so that your lower body muscles get activated.
– You should prevent your butt from getting raised in the air. You must maintain a flat position. Don’t get into a triangle shape. You should maintain a flat shape.
– One aspect of this exercise is to keep breathing in an even and smooth manner. This is important to make it easier to maintain your position.
– A good way to maintain the flat position is to think that there is a glass full of water placed on your back. You will then be able to focus on preventing it from toppling.
– Place your hands and knees on floor while keeping your hands shoulder width apart. Make sure your back is kept flat.
– Your nose must point towards the floor and you should be looking up.
– Now stretch one leg down and rely on your toes. Repeat with the other leg too. So now your body weight will rest on your hands and toes.
– Then contract the abdominal muscles and maintain your position for 20-60 seconds.
– After that bring down your knees to the floor and relax.
– Do this exercise 3 times. After some time you can do each set for over 60 seconds.
Other included sources linked in Natural Medicine Box’s article:
Video source: Passion4Profession