Have you heard about black cumin seed oil? Well if you haven’t then this article is meant for you. It has been revealed in extensive studies conducted that nigella sativa or black cumin seed oil is effective in curbing the growth of cancer cells.
Extract from this seed known as thymoquinone is known to have very powerful cancer curing abilities.
It is believed that this compound is effective in the treatment of breast, liver, colon, pancreatic, cervical, lymphoma, prostate and melanoma cancer.
While studies have been conducted on animals only, it is believed that it’s only a matter of time before clinical trial on humans commence.
However, even with all these promising signs from black cumin seed oil, the large pharmaceutical companies are reluctant to further the research for reasons best known to them.
In two separate research conducted in two different countries namely Saudi Arabia and China back in 2011 it was revealed that this oil is effective not only for cancer treatment but also for other ailments including diabetes, kidney disease, asthma and so much more.
Although it is not entirely clear how black cumin seed oil acts in curbing cancer cell growth, research is still on going.
A Perfect Combo In Pure Natural Honey And Black Cumin Seed Oil
Research in Egypt have revealed that black cumin seed oil and honey work perfectly to destroy cancer cells, this was observed in lab tests on rats that were infused to heavy doses of a potent carcinogen.
The study comprised of four groups of test rats.
- The first were given a combination of honey and black seed oil.
- The other three groups were given either if the two ingredients.
- It was revealed that the first group which were given the honey and black cumin seed oil combo had their risk of having cancer cut by as much as 100%.
- For the other three groups fed the ingredients separately their risk dropped by 80%.
Radiation? Black Skin Cumin Seed Oil Says – No Problem!
In 2014 researchers from Turkey showed that black cumin seed oil could be effective in providing relief for people who were currently involved in radiation therapy for treatment of their cancer.
While tests were conducted on rats that had been subjected to gamma radiation and were separated into two groups.
- The first group were given 1 gram of black cumin seed oil one hour prior to radiation exposure.
- They were subsequent given a total of 10 gram for the subsequent 10 days after the radiation exposure.
- For the second group, the rats were not exposed to radiation but were given some saline solution.
- It was observed that the seed oil lowered oxidative stress markers.
- It’s antioxidants were also seen to be extremely powerful and it was also observed that the rats liver oxidative capacity was significantly increased.
- Another curious observation was that given the rats black cumin seed oil for 10 days before their exposure to radiation and for 10 days after exposure kept the rats protected from the side effects of radiation.
Another study conducted this time Inn India and in 2012 also examined the mice that were given the oil after being exposed to gamma radiation.
- One group of mice had tumors.
- The other group was healthy.
- Both groups were given 100 mg per kg of body weight of black cumin seed oil before being exposed to radiation.
- The antioxidants in the oil were seen to protect the internal organs of all the rats.
Liver Cancer Cells Cannot Withstand The Strength Of Black Cumin Seed Oil
A 2013 research in India showed that strength of thymoquinone on lab rats.
- There were two groups of rats in this study.
- Thymoquinone water of 0.01% was administered to the rats in the first group.
- The second group was given ordinary water.
- The rats in the first group had their liver cancer and all the tumor and injury markers significantly reduced in just 16 weeks.
- The rats also did not generate any new cancer nodules.
- Thereby probing that thymoquinone is very potent in combating liver cancer as well as a spread of cancerous cells.
Cancerous Cells Are Completely Destroyed By Black Cumin Seed Oil
Research in Saudi Arabia in 2014 revealed that black cumin seed oil has very potent anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties.
In tests on lung cancer cells of humans, a small dosage of 0.01mg/ml of black cumin seed oil showed that the cancer cells were steadily being destroyed with no effect on normal cells.
Brain Cancer Cells Stand No Chance Against Black Cumin Seed Oil
In 2013 scientists from Ohio State University tested the effects of thymoquinone on glioblastoma which is believed to be the most deadly and aggressive form of brain cancer.
However, studies revealed that this cancer was effectively destroyed by the thymoquinone without any damage to healthy cells.
The extensive research examined how black cumin seed oil blocks off the autophagy in cancerous cells which is what ensures that cancerous cells continue to grow just by sustaining their energy production on a cellular level.
Source: Weekly Healthy Life