The magnetron is a microwave power that was discovered by two scientists in World War II.
This technology was used in conjunction with British radar system and the technology was effective in detecting German enemy aircraft and helped tremendously in preventing mass scale bombing.
The use of microwave technology in cooking food was started by Percy LeBaron years after the world war. He found out that the radar waves had melted a candy bar which he had in his pocket.
This led to the first microwave oven being invented which was very big and referred to as the Radar Range.
Since then however microwave ovens have significantly evolved into more portable and user friendly appliances in our homes.
So Why Are Microwave Ovens Harmful?
Did you know that your microwave oven has about 2.45 billion hertz?
If your microwave oven door is leaking then it can cause some serious damage as the human body can be harmed by just a mere 10 hertz.
You therefore need to be extremely careful when using your microwave and never stay close to it when it is on and working as it could cause some serious harm to your body and the sad part is, you want even know until later when you start to feel ill.
How Can Microwave Ovens Harm Us?
- It can cause cataracts.
- It can greatly diminish our immune system.
- It can make us more prone to bacteria, fungal and viral infections.
- It causes birth defects in newborns.
- It can cause nausea, vomiting and general illness.
- It can cause cancer.
How Does Microwaving Affect Our Food?
Swiss scientist Hans Hertel in studies conducted stated that microwaving our food will significantly cause to food to be depleted of its natural nutrients.
He further stated that the radiation emitted from the microwave oven will deform as well as degrade the molecules in the food and in effect producing dangerous radioactive compounds.
A study by the Search For Health conducted in 1992 and involving volunteers who were fed vegetables that had been microwaved revealed that subjects experienced…
- A rapid rise in cholesterol levels.
- A sudden decrease in their white blood cell count.
- A rise in leukocyte, showing that there is cell damage and poisoning.
- A reduction in their hemoglobin leading to them suffering from an anaemia kind of condition.
In other experiments and studies involving the use of microwave ovens it was revealed that;
- Infant formulas that were microwaved had the components in their amino acid altered and thereby creating an immunological abnormality.
- Breast milk that was microwaved was seen to lose approximately 96% of its antibodies, making it useless in providing protection for the infant from infections.
What is more worrying is that even if your microwave has no leakage issues, you are still under threat from high electromagnetic field exposure which can penetrate the human body and cause some major health complications. The electromagnetic field emitted by your microwave oven is similar to that used by x-ray machines and the EPA’s recommended EMF exposure is 0.5mG to 2.5mG but if you stand at approximately 4 inches from your microwave oven when it is cooking your food you are exposed to as much as between 100 to 500mG. If you stand just 3 feet away from your microwave oven then you are exposed to between 1 to 25mG of EMF.
So whilst microwave ovens may be faster in getting your food warmed up than your conventional ovens they are definitely not as healthy as your foods nutrients are depleted and the health risk cannot be overlooked.
Source: Organic Healthy