It is a diet that involves reduced intake of carbohydrates, and the emphasis is on fats and proteins.
This diet offers an interesting advantage, and that is exactly what makes it so popular. This means you can forget all about calories and certain hours when you are allowed to eat, however, you must obey the diet’s rules.
Swedish diet separates the ingredients in 3 main groups:
1. Allowed ingredients
– Dairy products with high percentage of fat (curd, cheese, yogurt, butter, sour cream)
– Eggs prepared in every possible way
– All types of meat
– Vegetables that grow above ground (broccoli, tomato, mushrooms, avocado, peppers, lettuce, olives, zucchini, spinach)
– All types of fish and crabs
– Nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashew, Brazilian nuts, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds)
2. Ingredients that are sometimes allowed
– Root vegetables (beet, carrot, celery, ginger)
– Fruits. Instead of dessert you can consume any kind of fruit. Raspberries are especially recommended.
– Chocolate with high percentage of cocoa, two times a week (above 70% of cocoa)
3. Not allowed
– Refined oils and margarine
– Alcohol, especially beer
– Sugars, carbonated beverages, sweets, pasta, ice cream and artificial sweeteners.
– Cereals and starches (rice, potatoes, bread, chips, pasta)
This diet is recommended in period when you want to quickly lose some body weight without being hungry and starving, or to discard excess fat.
The diet is simple and does not make your organism work hard in order to process the food.