Alkaline foods never cause any harm. In fact, they will improve your health no matter how healthy you already are. You should always eat them. Never think that there is nothing to worry about with respect to your health.
The following are the top 5 alkaline foods available:
1. Swiss chard: Swiss chard helps you get rid of free radicals. It also fights harmful viruses and bacteria present in your body. They are one of the best alkaline foods available.
2. Melon: the pH of melon is 8.5. it helps cleans your colon. You can eat any melon. Watermelon contains 92% water. It has a lot of fibers too. It’s considered as a super food.
3. Buckwheat: buckwheat helps prevent cardiovascular diseases. When eaten, the person stays energetic throughout the day. Try eating buckwheat. You will never want to give up eating it.
4. Olive oil: the benefits of this oil are not hidden. But it is always better to mention it again. It is very rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E.
5. Flax seed: they help in many ways. Hot flashes in menstruating women are eased. They have anti-inflammatory properties. They also have a lot of fibers and vitamin E.
Other Alkaline Foods
– Berries – they are rich in antioxidants.
– Carrots –the high levels of beta-carotene in carrots can improve your eyesight.
– Pineapple – helps in weight loss.
– Alfalfa Sprouts – Easy to digest and rich in enzymes. They help maintain hormonal balance in your body.
– Sauerkraut –eating fermented foods adds probiotics to your diet.
– Cauliflower –consume it instead of bread.
– Grapefruit – Rich in vitamins c and a.
– Seaweeds – they are rich in iron and have anti-acid properties as well
– Avocado – they have healthy monounsaturated fats which are good for the heart.
– Bananas –an excellent superfood when eaten ripe.
– Grapes – they have a lot of multivitamins and antioxidants. Thus, they lower blood pressure.
– Lemons–the most alkalizing food ever known. Lemons can prevent cold, cough and flu.
– Cucumber –it has 90% water content. Keeps your skin healthy and young.
– Parsley – detoxifies your intestine
– Mango – cleans your colon
– Spinach –rich in vitamins
– Quinoa – controls blood sugar levels
– Oranges –wonderful protection against colds.
– Brussels sprouts –it has anti-cancer properties.
– Papaya – it also cleans the colons.
– Garlic – controls blood pressure.
– Broccoli –it has cholesterol- lowering abilities.
Featured image source: www.healthy-holistic-living.com