You can get a truly fit and healthy body if you engage in plank exercises 4 minutes daily.
By engaging in a 28 day plank exercise will help to build your body’s endurance and strength.
How Is The Plank Exercise Executed?
In executing this exercise what you need to do is place your elbows under your shoulders and in effect spread your weight adequately.
– Make sure your spine should be straightened in order to avoid putting undue pressure and strain on your back and neck.
– Ensure that your core is in focus and that it is tightened.
– Make sure your legs are spread out slightly, try to avoid putting pressure on your hips.
You should be able to carry out this plank exercise for a 4 week period and you should keep this posture steady for about 20 seconds initially, you can increase this time gradually until you can hold on for 4 minutes at a time.
Make sure you breathe slowly thereby engaging your core and relaxing your body.
What you need to know is that this exercise is great for your entire body and some benefits include;
- This exercise tones the stomach. Your body will be stabilised at the core by the exercise. Your stomach muscles are tightened and eventually toned in time.
- It will increase your flexibility. The work you put into your back muscles and shoulders gives it some flexibility as your shoulder blades are stretched out.
- The plank exercise helps to give you a proper body posture and stance by toning your abs. Your abs go a long way to giving you a good posture or not as well as straightening and balancing your body.
Here’s the 28 day plank exercise plan that you can engage in today.
- In day 1: hold posture for 20 seconds
- In day 2: keep for 20 seconds
- In day 3: hold for 30 seconds
- In day 4: keep for 30 seconds
- In day 5: hold for 40 seconds
- In day 6: get some rest
- In day 7: hold for 45 seconds
- In day 8: keep for 45 seconds
- In day 9: keep for 60 seconds
- In day 10: hold for 60 seconds
- In day 11: hold for 60 seconds
- In day 12: keep for 90 seconds
- In day 13: rest
- In day 14: keep for 90 seconds
- In day 15: hold for 90 seconds
- In day 16: keep for 120 seconds
- In day 17: hold for 120 seconds
- In day 18: keep for 150 seconds
- In day 19: rest
- In day 20: keep for 150 seconds
- In day 21: hold for 150 seconds
- In day 22: keep for 180 days
- In day 23: hold for 180 days
- In day 24: hold for 210 days
- In day 25: rest
- In day 26: hold for 210 seconds
- In day 27: keep for 240 seconds
- In day 28: try holding for longer than 240 seconds until you can no longer hold the posture.
The following video will instruct you on how to do a proper plank, so try it out immediately, and start struggling for the body of your dreams!
Sources and References: