It is figs’ season – The paradise fruit that gives strength, maintains health and removes wrinkles. The fig tree is a plant that gives a lot, but needs a little – just a poor soil and a few drop of water. Fig fruit is worth praised for its medicinal properties.
1. High levels of magnesium. Magnesium is one of the elements that protect our nervous system from stress. It is important for bones, immunity, health of the brain and nervous system. It fosters the health and vitality, cures numerous diseases and significantly slows the aging process. Dried figs contain three times more magnesium than ordinary.
2. Figs are also rich in potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, copper and vitamins B6, C and beta-carotene. The fig tree has a very low fat content, and is richer in fiber than any other fruit and vegetables, so it should be consumed every day. Pectin is a soluble fiber that lowers blood cholesterol, while tryptophan helps with circulation problems as well as insomnia.
3. The high concentration of natural sugars makes the brain work faster, better and receive classified information. Of course, diabetics must be careful with consumption of dried figs because they contain twice as much sugar as fresh ones.
3. This amazing fruit also contain plant sterols that have been proven to have beneficial effect on cholesterol levels. Plant sterols such as stigmasterol and lanosterol, which are contained in figs, bind with molecules of cholesterol in the intestine, thus limiting its absorption.
5. Fresh fig contains 80% of water and 60% of natural sugar and it is good to be consumed. Sweet taste of figs perfectly agrees with savory flavors, such as sheep and goat cheese, and can be added in various sauces or dishes. You can use fresh fig in order to make, compote, jam and fermented beverages.
6. Numerous studies speak for figs’ anti-cancer properties, which are gained thanks to benzaldehyde and coumarins, compounds contained in this fruit. These compounds were tested in scientific studies and promising results has been shown, especially when it comes to prostate cancer and skin cancer.
7. Dried figs are an excellent source of many nutrients and can serve as a practical nutritional meal for athletes and professionals. In combination with nuts can serve as an ideal snack. Fig tea treats diseases of the liver, throat, respiratory organs, bladder …