If you have skin problems such as:
- Age spots
Then this natural treatment may just be for you and it involves the use of apple cider vinegar (ACV).
So Just What Is ACV?
This is made from apples and mostly used as a cooking ingredient in many homes. It is rich in acetic acid and natural alpha-hydroxy acids and helps to heal and soothe your skin.
How Effective Is ACV In Skin Treatment?
ACV will restore your skin’s natural pH level and prevent the damaging effects of free radicals. It will heal your skin, soothe it, stop any itching, tighten your pores and also help with naturally bringing out your skin tone.
You Can Use Apple Cider Vinegar At Home In These 4 Ways
- It Will Help To Soothe Sunburn
ACV will help to soothe your skin from the itching and burning sensation felt from sunburn. It is a natural astringent and will therefore stimulate the healing process as well. You can mix equal amounts of ACV and water, then apply this solution directly to your skin by simply rubbing the solution on the affected parts. You can do this several times daily.
- In Treating Age Spots
ACV is rich in alpha-hydroxy acids which are great for exfoliating your skin and removing dead skin cells. When you use ACV regularly you will quickly reduce any signs of age spots.
How To Use It
- Just apply your ACV to the age spots using a cotton ball.
- Leave it on your skin for about 30 minutes.
- You should repeat this procedure twice daily and for best results try it out for a 6 week duration.
- ACV Helps To Tone Your Skin
ACV is a great astringent and it will reduce your pore size while improving blood circulation in your skin and in effect giving you a great skin tone.
You can dilute half a cup of ACV in half a cup of water and then add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the solution. Just apply this mixture to your skin using a cotton ball, leave it on your skin for 2 minutes then afterwards rinse off using warm water, try this treatment out twice daily.
- Use ACV To Treat Acne
ACV is also rich in malic acid which acts as an effective facial cleanser.it will soothe your skin and it’s antimicrobial properties is excellent for preventing your skin from being ravaged by acne causing bacteria. Just apply using a cotton ball and leave on your skin for awhile, after which you should rinse it off using warm water.
Things You Should Note While Using ACV
- There are serious skin conditions that may require the use of antibiotics to avoid infections such as eczema and using just ACV may not be completely effective.
- Try to avoid using ACV on an open wound and it can also cause skin allergies such as swelling, rash and breathing challenge.
- You could experience a burning sensation when using ACV and it can also worsen your skin condition as it could become inflamed as well.
However, it is crucial that you consult a dermatologist before using ACV or any other skin treatment for that matter.
Source: Healthy Living Style