The joints have a small amount of lubrication fluid that helps the cartilage and bone move about without difficulty and friction.
However, when there is an excess amount of fluid in the joints it can greatly affect the proper functioning of the joints and also cause painful symptoms.
A swelling in the knees can be due to some firm of injury to the tendons, ligaments and meniscus.
When the knees are overused or a person is suffering from arthritis it can be a contributing factor. This swelling may be at the surrounding tissue or at the knee joint.
The former is referred to as water of the knee.
Here are some tips you can try today to relieve the pain and discomfort:
- Use an ice pack to reduce the swelling, apply it every 10 minutes.
- You can allow the accumulated fluid in the leg circulate properly over the knee cavity by elevating your leg. As you lie on your bed just put two pillows under your legs so that it is elevated.
- If you are a smoker then you should dispense with this habit as smoking greatly inhibits the flow of blood and oxygen throughout your body. By so doing the body’s tissues lose their natural ability to repair themselves.
You can also try out this DIY homemade recipe today!
- Fresh egg yolk – 1
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
Preparation And Application
- Just mix the egg yolk and salt thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture to the troubled part.
- Use a cellophane or nylon bag to cover it.
- You can secure this bag in place with a bandage.
- Try and apply this recipe every two hours and achieve a daily maximum of five applications.
You will notice a great change in the swelling and pain but if symptoms persist, then you are advised to consult your doctor as soon as you can.
Source: Home Healthy Recipes