Mold-filled foods can be the number one cause of food allergies which us quite common these days.
Molds are extremely harmful to the body as they release mycotoxins into the body system when they are consumed in large amounts from the foods we eat.
These mycotoxins are highly dangerous toxins and are known to be able to kill fill grown man if in large quantities in the body.
When mycotoxins are consumed in small amounts as contained in food they can cause serious health complications such as autoimmune conditions as well as even cancer.
Here are some foods that are great harbingers for mycotoxins and you’d be cautious when consuming them or you can avoid them altogether.
Just like a lot of grains that are infested with mold, Rye also has its own strain of molds.this grain is usually stored up in large silos for months prior to use after harvest giving molds and fungi sufficient time to act on the grain. Consume garbanzo bean flour and rice flour instead.
Peanuts are known to harbour at least 20 different strains of mold and a lot of these molds are known to release mycotoxins that are responsible for cancer. You should eat almonds and walnuts rather than peanuts.
Sugar cane and sugar beets which are primary sources of sugar are most times infested with mold especially after harvest. You can try consuming pure natural honey or stevia as an alternative.
Just like rye sorghum is prone to mold infestation. It is used to make foods like bread, cake, pies and cookies and these molds are present in these foods. You can eat coconuts, almonds and rice flour instead.
Just like rye and sorghum this grain is stored up on large silos where fungi and mold can act on them after harvest. They are used in making alcoholic beverages and cereals. You can use lentils, rice or garbanzo beans instead.
This can be contaminated by fungi and corn is used in the production of several cereals for kids making it a threat. Use almond flour, quinoa chips and sweet potato chips as an alternative.
Similar to all its grain cousins in terms of its vulnerability to mold infestation. What bread made from wheat can be dangerous if contaminated with molds and mycotoxins. Use coconut or rice flour instead.
Alcohol is made from yeast which is a type of fungi, alcohol is actually the mycotoxin released by this fungi. Excessive alcohol can be dangerous to your liver so it us advisable for you to drink in moderation or drink water instead.
Did you know that mushrooms are actually fungi and not veggies?
Well now you know, that even your edible mushrooms will release mycotoxins. It is a known fact that those mushrooms you eat are also responsible for bladder cancer especially if eaten raw. Make sure you cook your mushrooms till they change colour to effectively destroy most of the fungi, alternatively you can consume any other veggie.
- Hard Cheese
Hard cheese with even a speck of mold on it is dangerous as the mold would have released mycotoxins throughout the cheese, it is better to eat soft cheese if you must eat cheese.
You can cut out mycotoxins from your system just by being particularly observant of what you consume. So make an effort today to structure your diet to avoid foods that harbour these harmful molds and fungi.
Source: Positive Med