Persistent cough cab be really discomforting, it can wear you down both physically and mentally. A visit to your doctor’s office would usually end with a prescription for conventional cough medicines, however these medications usually have adverse side effects for users that can range from tiredness, fatigue and drowsiness to headaches, migraines, difficulty urinating and disorientation, blurred vision, lack of focus and mental confusion. If this was not bad enough, conventional cough medicines are also highly addictive and can cause you to be dependent on them even when the cough has gone.
Fortunately you can gain relief from your persistent cough with a simple homemade remedy that involves the use of natural ingredients that are easy to get at your local store or supermarket. This recipe is believed to help you combat the common cold, flu and even sore throat. It will also boost your body’s immune system to enable you to be able to fight off infections effectively.
Here’s what you need to prepare the recipe
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Pure natural honey – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger (ground) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Organic lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Ground cloves – 1/4 tablespoon
- Water – 1/2 cup
Preparation And Use
- Put your water and sugar in a saucepan, after which add your organic lemon juice, pure natural honey, ground ginger and ground cloves to the sugar and water solution.
- Heat the saucepan and constantly stir the ingredients. Allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes, stir the mixture once more.
- Get a baking tray and line it with baking paper. Take the saucepan from the stove after 20 minutes.
- Use a spoon to scoop the mixture from the saucepan and put it on the baking tray and leave it to cool at room temperature for another period of 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle some powdered icing sugar on the mixture to stop it from sticking. Once cooled you can cut shapes into the hardened mixture and take then off the baking tray.
- You have now made natural cough relieving sweets which you can put in your mouth and allow it to slowly dissolve and as it does it will combat your persistent cough and sore throat issues in no time.
Source: Go Natural Cures