Muscle and bone pain affects people of all ages but this problem is particularly predominant in the elderly. This is a problem that is inevitable the older we get as our muscles become less flexible but rather more tense and stiff while our bone density diminish as well.
The older we get the more prone we are to muscle injuries and bone fractures. However, we can help reduce muscle and bone pains with a simple but effective massaging balm and compress recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation.
All you need are easy to procure ingredients that are affordable as well.
Here’s what you need:
- Iodine – 250 ml
- Alcohol – 250 ml
- Aspirin pills – 5-10 pills
These off-the-counter ingredients can be obtained from your local pharmacy or drug store.
- You should first of all crush your aspirin pills using the back of a spoon or a small mortar and pestle.
- Mix the iodine and alcohol in a container and add your crushed pills to this mixture.
- Keep the mixture in a cool and dark place for a period of 21 days or three weeks.
- In three weeks the mixture is ready!
- You can use this mixture directly on the painful muscles and bones simply by massaging the mixture to it.
- You can also make a compress and place this compress on the site of the painful muscles and bones.
This remedy is quite simple and you can try it at home today and make it a part of your regular health routine.
You should also try and exercise regularly to help improve the flexibility of your muscles as a sedentary lifestyle will only make matters worse.
Source: Natural Healing Magazine