You need to take a nap once in a while as it helps to recharge your batteries and that can be taken literally.
When you nap your brain relaxes and rejuvenates itself. However it is important to know just how long you will need to nap in order to thoroughly enhance your brain functions.
It is believed by most experts that when you take a nap for between 10 and 20 minutes you will improve your alertness and focus.
Where you are looking to improve your memory then a nap for one hour would be more than sufficient according to Dr. Mednick.
This scientist also believes that if you nap for 90 minutes you will be able to stabilise your emotions, boost your creativity and procedural memory whereby your brain itemises the steps to be taken in whatever daily task you encounter.
It is believed that any nap exceeding 30 minutes is actually a phase of sleep and one can find it difficult to awaken from and your tiredness increases the more you sleep.
You can use a nap wheel to calculate your required length of nap. It is beneficial to your health to take naps during the day.
Here are some health benefits of taking naps:
- You will improve your cognitive abilities with just 5 to 10 minutes nap.
- Your creativity will be boosted.
- You will become more alert and focused.
- Your spirits will be lifted.
- It is great for relieving stress.
- It will boost your memory and learning ability.
- You will have improved productivity as a result of a shirt nap.
When you fail to get your required hours of sleep daily, you will be prone to the following health issues.
- Poor productivity.
- Lack of focus and alertness.
- Poor recollection and memory.
- Constant feeling of tiredness.
- Dullness and depression.
- Increased stress levels.
It is important for you to take a nap as often as possible, here are some simple tips you can try out today to get an effective nap.
- You can recharge your batteries and feel energetic with just a 10 to 20 minute nap.
- For a fully rejuvenation of your body, mind and spirit try out a 60 to 90 minute nap.
- You can sit up slightly if you want to avoid going into deep sleep.