Premature graying of the hair can be caused by several factors some of which include;
– Hormonal disfunction
– Chronic colds
– Genetic predisposition
– Poor nutrition
– Thyroid disorder
The color of the hair is derived from a pigment called melanin. If there is a dearth of this pigment then you will have a graying of the hair. The effect of this pigment diminishes as you grow older until the body stops its production altogether.
You can make use of chemical conventional hair dyes, but these can gave an adverse effect on your overall health.
It is better to try out DIY homemade remedies that are simple to make and with inexpensive readily obtainable ingredients.
Note however that a balanced diet can help in the body’s production of melanin and you should eat food rich in copper, iron, iodine and vitamins B.
Here are homemade remedies you can adopt today!
1.The Indian Gooseberry
Otherwise known as Amla solves a whole range of hair issues like hair loss, dull hair and premature graying.
The fruit is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. You can also use the amla oil or pulp on your hair.
– You should boil dried Indian gooseberries or amla powder in coconut oil; do this till the berries are charred.
– Once the oil is cool you can apply it to your hair and scalp, leave it for one hour or preferably overnight.
– Wash your hair and repeat this treatment at least two times a week.
2.Try Out Curry Leaves
The pigmentation of your hair can be boosted when you use curry leaves in combination with coconut oil.
– Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to a pan and add a handful of fresh curry leaves to the oil.
– Boil the ingredients till the leaves are charred.
– You should then strain the mixture afterwards.
– Gently massage the strained oil to your hair and scalp.
– Leave it on your hair for a period of between 30 to 45 minutes, afterwards wash your hair.
– Repeat this treatment at least once a week.
– You can also drink curry juice daily as well.
Henna will help to darken your hair as well as strengthen it.
You should make a paste using the following ingredients;
– 1 tbsp. of coffee powder
– 3 tbsp. of Indian gooseberry powder
– Grinded henna leaves and
– Some plain yogurt
This is how you should use the remedy:
– You should spread out the paste evenly on your hair and leave to dry.
– Afterwards rinse your hair with a regular shampoo.
– Repeat this procedure for a minimum of 2 weeks.
4.Coconut Oil And Lemon Juice Combo
Coconut oil will moisturise your hair, boost hair growth and give your hair a great lustre.
– Mix a concoction of 3 tbsp. of lemon juice and some coconut oil.
– Gently massage this mixture onto your hair and scalp.
– Leave it on your scalp and hair for one hour and after which wash it off with a shampoo.
– Try this procedure once in a week.
5.Rosemary And Sage Combo
– This herbal combo will get your hair darkened in no time.
– Put about 2 cups of clean water in a pot.
– Add 1/2 a cup of each herb to the pot of water.
– Boil the ingredients and let it sit for a couple of hours prior to straining it.
– You can use this mixture to rinse your hair especially after shampooing.
– Leave it on your hair for about 15 to 20 minutes after which you can then wash it off.
– This procedure should be done once a week.
6.Try Out Blackstrap Molasses
It contains a high amount of copper and it is great for preventing graying of hair.
When you consume blackstrap molasses you will be supplied about 14% of your daily recommended dosage. You will also enrich your system with iron, magnesium and selenium which are trace minerals.
Take just one tablespoon of blackstrap molasses daily preferably every morning and for an extended time period of culminating into several months.
7.Use Onion Juice
It will solve your graying issues as onion juice promotes catalase’s production. The belief among experts is that graying of hair is caused by hydrogen peroxide build-up at the base of the hair follicles as well as a reduction in catalase which us a naturally occurring antioxidant.
– Just gently massage your scalp with onion juice and leave it on for at least 30 minutes.
– Wash after this time and repeat the procedure daily for about two weeks.
8.Try Out Black Tea
This tea will soften your hair, give it an excellent shine and darken it.
– Boil 2 tablespoons of black tea and pour out into a cup.
– Add 1 tablespoon if salt and allow the mixture to cool at room temperature.
– You then wash your hair with the black tea several times, in the final attempt allow the tea to stay on your hair for a period of between 15 to 20 minutes.
– Rinse your hair using cold water only.
– Repeat the procedure once or twice a week.
Amaranth will combat hair loss and restore your hairs natural colour.
– Use a shampoo to wash your hair.
– Extract juice from the fresh leaves of the amaranth plant and gently massage it onto your scalp and hair.
– Rinse your hair using clean water afterwards.
10.Try Out Black Sesame Seeds
You can get rid of premature graying of your hair with black sesame seeds as they help by boosting the melanocyte process to produce melanin.
They are also rich in protein, phosphorus, magnesium, copper and iron.
– Just consume 1 teaspoon of black sesame seed daily for 3 months.
– You can also apply sesame oil on your hair.
You will notice tremendous changes to the texture, strength, lustre and colour of your hair if you make any of these remedies your routine today!
Source: Top 10 Home Remedies