If you are used to buying and using commercial toothpaste, you might want to reconsider.
You can now make your own toothpaste using only natural ingredients and thereby avoiding the harmful side effects from the use of commercial toothpaste brands whose active ingredient is fluoride.
One DIY homemade toothpaste you can try out today is an Ayurvedic toothpaste and the most effective of these type of natural toothpaste are those that have neem or otherwise known as Azadirachta indica.
There is an amazing recipe that will keep your teeth looking white always whilst helping to get rid of cavities and gum disease at the same time, a truly complete natural oral-care toothpaste.
Here’s what you need for this natural toothpaste.
- Coconut oil – 3 tablespoons
- Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) – 3 tablespoons
- Xylitol – 1 tablespoon (this is used as a flavour)
- Neem powder – 1 tablespoon
- Mint essential oil – 15 drops
- Incorporate all the ingredients in a bowl and mix very well until you achieve a homogeneous paste.
- Store this paste in a small glass jar.
Note: Depending in the outside atmospheric temperature, the coconut oil in the toothpaste may thicken and harden.
- You should brush your teeth with this all-natural ingredient toothpaste after every meal, which is thrice daily for maximum effects.