Planting a tree is not only a good hobby for you but also your own valuable contribution to environment. You can get to plant a cinnamon tree in your backyard today. This spice is a common feature for most homes and it has a rich flavor and aroma.
As a culinary spice it is very popular and one that is in high demand, however the cinnamon tree can be found in warm and moist climates.
This tree can attain heights of over 15 meters but it can be grown in your backyard and can give your home a pleasant aroma always as the entire tree is aromatic.
The Importance Of Growing Cinnamon In Your Home
– Cinnamon has very potent antibacterial and antiseptic properties and can be used in the preparation of mouthwash to combat plaque and as a disinfectant.
– It is also an excellent aphrodisiac.
– It can help with respiratory problems such as coughs, asthma and bronchitis.
– It can protect you from cardiovascular conditions.
– It us great for treating rheumatism.
– It can regulate irregular menstrual flow.
– It can be used in the treatment of type II diabetes. It will reduce blood sugar and insulin resistance.
– It can also lower high blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Growing Cinnamon In Your Backyard
– If you are in a warm and moist climate then you stand a very good chance of cultivating your cinnamon tree.
– The seeds which are produced by thus tree can be harvested and replanted as well.
– You can propagate cinnamon by three-leaved cuttings or through its seed. Just put them in a moist soil in a container and place this container in a shaded area.
– You can transplant this tree outdoors after about four months.
– The size of the tree will be dependent on the container in which the seed is placed. The larger the container the bigger the tree and vice-versa.
– You should not expose this tree to direct sunlight, however do not leave it where it cannot access some sunlight.
– The roots of the cinnamon tree rot quite easily so do not water this plant excessively.
– After transplanting the tree to your backyard garden you can prune it to ensure that the tree is straight.
– Make sure your cinnamon tree is in a cool and dry spot when planting.
– Cut the plant at about 5 centimetres from its main trunk when it is about 3 centimetres in diameter and appears to have a violet colour.
Source: Essential Health Advisor