Blood pressure simply put is the force with which your blood circulates in your body.
When the force your blood applies to your arteries is too strong and has been this way for a long time, then your arteries weaken.
It is estimated that in Canada 1 out of 6 individuals has high blood pressure, while an estimated 70 million people in the U.S are believed to have high blood pressure and that is approximately 1 in 3 people.
Hypertension which is another name for high blood pressure is believed to raise the risk of kidney failure, stroke, artherosclerosis and heart disease to an all-time high.
To prevent a life threatening ailment high blood pressure will have to be properly and carefully managed.
Risk Of Cancer Is High With High Blood Pressure Medications
Taking calcium channel blockers for a long duration increases your risk of developing cancer by about 21/2 times that of a person who does not take this medication and the odds rises with age.
Types Of Hypertension
Hypertension could be hereditary or it may be acquired by a high-risk lifestyle.
Essentially there are two types of hypertension:
– The primary/essential and secondary.
It’s not exactly clear what causes primary hypertension but it tends to develop more as one ages.
Secondary hypertension is caused by the following as well as these risk factors;
– Sedentary lifestyle
– Obstructive sleep apnea
– Tobacco use
– Excessive salt intake
– Kidney disease
– Adrenal gland tumors
– Excessive drinking of alcoholic beverages or drug use
– Chronic deficiency in vitamin D and/or potassium over time
– Thyroid issues
– Other chronic conditions like diabetes
– Certain congenital blood defects
– Race – it is believed that high blood pressure is more predominant in African Americans than white Americans
This Is How You Can Manage Your High Blood Pressure
– Eat lots of fruits and vegetables as their anti-inflammatory properties will help prevent you from having cardiovascular disease.
– Reduce your salt consumption. It is believed that a reduction in dietary salt can significantly reduce your risk if high blood pressure.
– As an alternative to salt try using other flavoring such as nutritional yeast and turmeric.
– Regular exercise is very vital. This will help prevent high blood pressure and hypertension.
– Stay off processed foods and refined sugar.
– Also avoid excessive alcohol intake, smoking, processed meat and just about anything that has a high sodium content.
Homemade Recipe To Help Manage Your High Blood Pressure
This tea consists of organic celery, which is rich in phthalides and phytonutrients which will ensure that there is an increase and unrestricted blood flow in the arteries by reducing any constriction in the arterial walls.
As part of the ingredients you also have red dates that are rich in potassium which will reduce your blood pressure by eliminating the adverse effects of sodium in your bloodstream.
– Red dates – 2 ounces
– Clean water – 2 quarts
– Organic celery – 7 ounces
– First make sure the red dates and celery are properly rinsed.
– Chop the celery into smaller bits.
– Incorporate all the ingredients in a pot and let it simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
– Strain the liquid.
– You can now drink the tea whenever you feel like, it has no side effect so drink as often as possible.
Source: Healthy Body and Tips