You can have foot pain as a result of any of the following causes;
– Ingrown nail
– Athletes foot
– Overlapping toes
– Heel spurs
Foot pain can cause serious discomfort, however you can get relief by applying these six stretching exercises to your daily exercise regime.
Here are six foot stretches you can try out at home today, make sure to do them at least for 5 minutes everyday and before breakfast.
1. Try Doing The Toe Raise Stretch
– Stand on your feet.
– Next, try lifting your toes upwards.
– Try this stretch five times and ensure that your pinky toe is raised to the same height as your big toe.
2. The Toe Lift Stretching Exercise
– While you are still standing, lower only your big toes.
– It can be a bit difficult at first but with practise you soon get a hang of it.
– After lowering your big toes, try to do the same for your pinky toes.
– Then alternate between lowering your big toes and small toes.
– Repeat this stretch five times for each.
3. The Rock Out Exercise
– First stand and rock your weight on the outside of your feet, you can do this by lifting your weight off from the inside of your feet.
– Next, rock inwards and rest your weight on the inside of your feet.
– Repeat this exercise ten times.
4. Try The Ankle Stretch
– First get yourself a stretchy exercise ball.
– Then loop this ball around a chair leg or table.
– Next, you should hook your foot through it in a way that the ball of your foot will rest on the band.
– After which press your toes in the floor.
– When you do this you will feel stretched, repeat this exercise 15 times.
5. The Tennis Ball Rub Stretching Exercise
– Get a tennis ball and then step on it.
– Roll this valley under your feet, then apply some pressure on it.
– Try this for both feet.
– After this tilt your foot in such a way that your toes face upwards towards your knees.
– Then try stretching out your ties pointing them downwards.
6. The Toes and Fingers Stretching Exercise
– Sit down with your legs in your front and your toes pointing upwards.
– Try to lean forward and interlace your fingers with your toes.
– Gently pull back.
– You can try this stretch a foot at a time if you cannot stretch both feet.
As you try these stretching exercises out you will get used to doing them and it will become less strenuous.
Other Exercises And Remedies For Your Feet That You Can Try At Home
– Yoga, you will restore balance to your entire body and mind as you learn to keep your feet grounded which is a primary pose for most yoga exercises.
– Try walking bare-footed, try getting your feet used to its natural abilities through Earthing. Which basically means walking barefoot in your backyard.
– Give your feet a soak, use Epsom salt in warm water and soak your feet in it to help detoxify your body through your feet. It also give magnesium, so if you have a deficiency then you can get a boost.
– Use the right footwear, to avoid foot pains you need to wear the right footwear that is comfortable and does not put pressure on your feet and toes.
Source: Family Life Goals