Leg cramps are very common occurrence which is characterized by pain and tightening sensation in the leg muscles. Cramps often occur in the lower part of the leg, more precisely, in the calves. Even though cramps last only for a few seconds, the pain can be felt days afterwards.
Why does leg cramps occur?
– Dehydration is one of the main causes, which contributes to more often and more painful cramping. This is why you always need to be hydrated!
– Too intense exercise can also cause leg cramps. So, make sure you always exercise moderately.
– Leg cramps can occur due to excess weight and obesity.
– Lack of minerals is yet another cause for leg cramp occurrence.
– Poor circulation is huge factor when it comes to often leg cramp occurrence.
What you should do?
1. Put 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of lukewarm water and drink the resulting mixture.
2. Apply pressure to the middle of the affected muscle and hold the pressure for 15 seconds. You will feel relief afterwards.
3. Sometimes, stretching your legs is the best way to reduce leg cramps. In case you have cramp of your calf, stretch your foot upwards using your hands.
4. Apply warm coatings because warmth helps in muscle relaxation.
5. If you often suffer from cramps, the only prevention is consuming potassium, which means you should consume potatoes and bananas.