Garlic is a very versatile herb that can be used for preparing your culinary delicacies. While it helps to add a unique taste to your foods, its real strength is in boosting your health, as it has excellent antimicrobial properties. The main active compound in garlic is called allicin which is known to be a potent antioxidant and has anticancer properties as well. Garlic plays a significant role in your health as it is known to be effective in lowering bad cholesterol (LDL), regulating blood sugar levels, combating diabetes, preventing stroke and heart related diseases.
Garlic is also known to curb the production of angiotensin II which is a hormone that can constrict blood vessels and greatly affect blood circulation and the supply of oxygen to vital organs.
Here’s how consuming garlic can help your body in a 24 hour period
- Hour 1: once consumed it is filling to your belly and acts as food to your body.
- Hour 2 to 4: free radicals in your body will be dispelled with and cancerous tumors cells will be restricted from growing.
- Hour 4 to 6: your rate of metabolism will be raised and this helps to burn any excess fat and get rid of excess fluid, this helps you to combat edema.
- Hour 6 to 7: the garlic compounds get into your bloodstream and its antimicrobial properties will help to destroy harmful bacteria in your body.
- Hour 7 to 10: by this time the active compounds of the garlic would have gotten into your body on a cellular level and can help to combat oxidative stress.
- Hour 10 to 24: by now the garlic would have been digested and it’s active compounds would help your body in the following ways:
- It will regulate your blood pressure and prevent hypertension.
- It will lower your bad cholesterol (LDL).
- It boosts your immune system.
- Garlic will dispel heavy metals from getting into your body.
- It will increase your bone density and your bone strength.
- Your cells lifespan will be boosted by garlic.
- It keeps your arteries clean from plaque and protects you from cardiovascular conditions like stroke and heart attack.
- It boosts your overall energy and strength.
- It will prevent fatigue and general body tiredness.
- It helps to prevent diabetes.
Source: Natural Care Box