Apart from being crunchy and fun to eat, carrots are rich in vitamin A and B- carotene that are extremely vital to the health of your eyes.
Carrots are also rich in vitamin B, C and K as well as various minerals such as – potassium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium.
These minerals will help to boost your immune system and protect you from infections. The high fibre content in carrots is also great for regular bowel movements.
Carrots are very effective in combating respiratory issues and conditions such as coughs, colds, asthma and bronchitis will be dealt with by this special vegetable.
Carrots can be used to prepare a cough and phlegm relief recipe that is excellent for children and adults alike and has no side effects unlike off-the-counter prescription medications.
The DIY Homemade Carrot Cough syrup Recipe
– Carrot – 1/2 kg
– Raw natural honey – 3-4 spoons
– Chop the carrots into pieces and place in a pan.
– Pour clean water on the chopped pieces in the pan..
– Put the pan on a stove and boil the carrots until they are soft.
– Take the pan off the stove once the carrots are soft.
– Blend the carrots or mash them using a clean fork.
– Make sure you don’t strain the boiled water.
– Let it cool then add the raw natural honey to the water.
– Take the mashed or blended carrots and add to the honey/water mixture.
– Make sure your syrup is kept in a cool room and away from direct sunlight.
– Take the syrup regularly if need be. There is no side effect.
– Take 3-4 tablespoons daily.
– You will see a vast improvement in about 2 days. The phlegm in your lungs and your persistent cough will be relieved in no time at all.
Source: The Health Avengers