Aspirin is popularly used to provide relief from conditions of common cold and flu. These pills are useful in easing the discomfort of pains and headaches arising from flu conditions.
The major ingredient in aspirin is salicylic acid and this component is great for soothing pain and inflammation. It has also been known to be effective in the treatment of cardiovascular conditions.
While the traditional use of aspirin is widely accepted, this pill can also be put to other unconventional uses but are equally effective as well.
Here are 9 uses of aspirin that you probably never knew was possible.
- Aspirin Will Help You Get Rid Of Sweat Stains
You can get rid of embarrassing sweat stains from your shirt and blouse using aspirin. All you need to do is soak your clothing for about three hours in a mixture of half a cup of warm water and two grinded aspirin pills.
- Aspirin Can Be Used To Revitalise Your Skin
Salicylic acid is known to help to get rid of dead skin cells and reveal bright, smooth and new skin. Aspirin is loaded with salicylic acid and you can use it to revitalise your skin in the following way;
- Just grind 5 aspirin pills and mix it with about a quarter cup of clean water and a teaspoon of pure natural honey.
- Make sure that you mix the ingredients very well.
- Topically apply the mixture to your skin and leave this mixture on your skin for a period of 10 minutes and it will dry to form a facial mask.
- After 10 minutes rinse your face with clean warm water to thoroughly remove the mask.
- Aspirin Can Prevent Flowers And Leaves From Withering Quickly
You can preserve the freshness of the leaves and flowers of your plants when you wet their soil with a mixture of water and some grinded aspirin pills.
- Aspirin Will Help You To Prevent Greying Of Your Hair
You can avoid greying of your hair and restore it’s natural colour which could have been altered due to over-exposure to chlorinated water. All you need to do is mix about eight aspirin pills in a glass of warm water. Apply this mixture to your hair by massaging it onto your hair and scalp and leave it on your hair for about 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Aspirin Can Be Used In Treating Hard Calluses
To get rid of hard calluses on the sole of your feet all you need to do is apply a mixture of 1/2 a teaspoon of lemon juice, 1/2 a teaspoon of water and five grinded aspirin tablets to your calluses. After you apply this mixture to your calluses you then have to use a warm towel to wrap your feet and cover this with a plastic wrap. Make sure you leave this covering for at least ten minutes before you take off the wrap and you will observe that your hard calluses will be softened.
- Aspirin Is Great For Treating Acne
To dry up pimples and acne all you have to do is to crush a single aspirin pill and mix it with a teaspoon of water then apply this mixture to your pimples. Leave it on for some minutes then rinse with lukewarm water and soap.
- Aspirin Can Be Used To Combat Dandruff
To get rid of dandruff problems all you need to do is mix at least two grinded aspirin pills in your regular shampoo and apply this mixture to your hair and leave on for about 2 minutes after which you need to rinse your hair using a regular shampoo.
- Aspirin Will Help You To Get Rid Of Grease On Your Pots And Pans
Form a paste using crushed aspirin pills and some water and use this paste to scrub off grease from your pots and pans leaving them looking clean and shiny.
- Aspirin Wil Help To Soothe Insect Bites
You can get rid of inflammation and the irritation caused by insect bites by just massaging aspirin powder on the site of the bite or sting.
Source: Healthiest Alternative