Pesky bugs can really make your summer outdoor experience miserable.
They cause skin irritation due to their bites and their presence can be a real nuisance when you are trying to enjoy a time-out with your family.
A bigger problem is in using chemicals to ward-off bugs, these chemicals can leave bad side effects such as inflammation and redness of the skin as well as respiratory problems because of their toxicity.
Rather than make use of harmful chemicals to ward-off bugs, you can make use of any of these 8 homemade natural bug repellent remedies today!
- Make Use Of White Vinegar
Just like peppermint oil, you can also pour some white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the vinegar in places where you have bugs and you will repel them. Do this often to keep bugs at bay.
- Peppermint Oil Is Irritating To Bugs!
The peppermint fragrance is irritable to bugs, so you can make use of peppermint oil in the following way:
- Get a plastic spray bottle and pour some peppermint oil in it.
- Use this spray bottle to spray the peppermint oil on surfaces, corners and areas where insects and spiders tend to be. It will ward them off as they dislike the smell of peppermint.
- Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) Dries Out Bugs!
Sodium bicarbonate or baking soda has the ability of drying out bugs by dehydrating them. All you need to do is broadcast baking soda in cracks and crevices all around your home, as soon as bugs come in contact with the baking soda they will dry out.
- Use Mint Leaves To Ward-Off Bugs
Use dry mint leaves by sprinkling them in areas where bugs can be seen such as a window ledge, cupboard, drawer and so on. By doing this you will drive out bugs from your home in no time.
- Use Essential Oil Like Eucalyptus, Lavender And Rosemary
By mixing a couple of drops of these three essential oils in some water and then pouring the solution in a plastic spray bottle for use, you will effectively eliminate bugs from your home as these bugs cannot stand the smell of the essential oils.
- Cayenne Pepper Is Effective Against Bugs
When you sprinkle some cayenne pepper in parts of your home where you know bugs hang out, you will be able to ward them off.
- Make Use Of A Vacuum Cleaner
When you vacuum clean often you will be able to suck-up bugs dead or alive! Dispose of them in a sealed bag and vacuum as often as necessary.
- Silica Gel Works Wonders!
You may be used to seeing silica gel in some of your household items, shoes and clothing. It is used to ward-off bugs, you can make use of ground silica gel and have it spread all around your home, as soon as bugs come in contact with the ground silica gel they will be killed.
Source: Weekly Healthy Life