You can keep in shape and be extremely fit if you engage in this exercise challenge that is the rave of a large number of people from all over the world.
If you have heard of planks, then that’s good to know.
This exercise will help to strengthen your mid-section and reduce your waist line by burning off excess fat.
It will also help you to firm up the muscles of your buttocks, legs as well as hands while straightening your back muscles as well.
The 4 Minute Planks Challenge
The 4 Minute plank challenge is designed to encourage you to reach a 4 Minute mark while doing the planks within a specified period of days. You will initially start with a very brief plank session of 20 seconds in your first day and then gradually increase this time spent over the course of the specified period of 28 days.
How To Do The Planks
- When doing the planks you need to maintain a disciplined posture as when you lift up your toes and elbows your upper body needs to be straightened.
- Take deep breaths and keep the straightened posture as you push up your buttocks muscles and spread your weight to your elbows and legs.
- By maintaining the right posture all that remains is for you to reach the 4 Minute mark in the specified number of days in the challenge.
- On day 1 try the planks for 20 seconds.
- For day 2 another 20 seconds.
- On day 3 step up to 30 seconds.
- Maintain this time of 30 seconds in day 4.
- Increase your time to 40 seconds in day 5.
- On day 6 take a break.
- Increase your time to 45 seconds for day 7.
- Maintain this 45 second time in day 8.
- Step up to 60 seconds in day 9.
- Keep the 60 second mark in day 10 and day 11.
- On day 12 increase your time to 90 seconds.
- Take a well-deserved break in day 13.
- Sustain the 90 second mark for days 14 and 15.
- By day 16 increase your time to 120 seconds, also repeat this time for day 17.
- For day 18 increase your time to 150 seconds.
- On day 19 take a break.
- Maintain 150 seconds for day 20 and 21.
- For days 22 and 23 step up your time to 180 seconds.
- On day 24 increase your time to 210 seconds.
- Rest on day 25.
- Maintain the 210 seconds time for day 26.
- By day 27 increase you time to 240 seconds.
- By day 28 try and see if you can go beyond 240 seconds but if you can’t then maintain this time marker.
From day 1 you will be alarmed by how hard the planks can be. You can try out other exercises if you are not up for the challenge such as squats and crunches.
Source: My Healthy Life Guide