Mold is often found in a dark and moist environment and it can be very toxic and harmful to human beings.
It is important you know the symptoms of mold illness so you can get the right medications to treat yourself.
Here are the symptoms of mold illness:
– Static “shocks”
– Brain fog, trouble with focus and memory problems
– Numbness and tingling
– Increased urination
– Weakness, fatigue and post-exercise malaise
– Metallic taste in mouth
– Aches and pains, muscle cramping, joint pain without inflammatory arthritis, persistent nerve pain and “ice pick” pain
– Excessive weight gain in spite of concerted efforts (weight loss resistance)
– Red eyes, light sensitivity and/or blurred vision
– Excessive thirst
– Night sweats and problems with temperature regulation
– Cough, air hunger, sinus problems, asthma-like symptoms and shortness of breath
– Persistent nerve pain
– Nausea, appetite changes, abdominal pain and diarrhoea
These are fungi that grow in filaments and they reproduce by creating very tiny spores which are invisible to the naked eye, that fly away after they sprout.
You will find mold in a warm, damp and humid environment and this can be both indoors and outdoors. If you have poorly ventilated bathrooms or leaking taps, this is a viable environment for mold to thrive, also during a flood.
Mold circulates in the air system in your home as its spores are released by flight during reproduction. If you have HVAC filters in your home then it is advisable to change them every three months at most.
The danger of mold is that it produces chemicals known as mycotoxins which are found in its spores that are released into the air.
This mycotoxins are responsible for mold illness, water damage to your home can lead to a proliferation of mold and an increased risk of mold illness.
How Does Mold Affect Our Health?
Mycotoxins released by mold can lead to Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS).
The Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS) is a chronic and acute systemic inflammatory reaction which occurs as a result of exposure to mycobacterium, fungi, inflammagens, bacteria and actinomycetes according to scientists.
People are more susceptible to mold illness than others and those people living in water damaged buildings are even more prone to mold illness.
Why Are Some People More Prone To Mold Illness Than Others
According to experts about 24% of the American population are genetically susceptible to mold toxicity.
It’s widely understood that these people have an immune response gene (HLA-DR) which make them more vulnerable to mold illness.
You should know that mold illness as a result of living in water damaged buildings is a state of chronic inflammation that is caused by the immune system acting abnormally.
If CIRS is untreated the illness can get into the DNA of the sufferer and the inflammatory reaction and subsequent symptoms can persist for years to come.
Experts believe that on making a CIRS diagnosis certain criteria must be met and these include;
– Symptoms, signs and history that is consistent with an exposure to biotoxins. In mold toxicity, EPA-approced ERMI test should be conducted.
– Knowing if the sufferer has a genetic predisposition to biotoxin-related illness. This will be based on the identification if any of an HLA susceptible haplotype.
– Any abnormalities detected by Visual Contrast Sensitivity (VCS) testing.
If You Have Mold Illness Do The Following:
If you suspect that you have mold illness carry out the following steps;
– First know the sign and symptoms of mold illness.
– Next, test your home for mold infestation, an ERMI is ideal. You can also get an expert to carry out a visual inspection of your home as well.
– You can also check if you are genetically susceptible to mold illness, look for reputable labs for this purpose.
Source: Just Natural Healthy