For beer drinkers this will come as good news. You should know that beer is very beneficial to your health, but while you ponder on this, you should however drink in moderation and most importantly do not drink and drive or drive and drink as the case may be. Beer is known to be rich in vitamin B and protein. It also has potent antioxidants that are known to be as potent as that of your favourite wine. One ingredient in beer that you should be aware of is hops, which is a very rich source of antioxidants known as flavonoids.
These are 10 benefits you can derive from drinking beer in moderation
- It is a known fact that beer reduces the bad cholesterol (LDL) in our bodies and this is due to its rich fiber content.
- Beer has been proven to help with boosting the body’s bone strength and density due to its high levels of silicon.
- Studies have shown that drinking beer will considerably raise your vitamin B levels as it has the following vitamin B variants, namely; vitamin B12, B6, B2 and B1. It also increases the body’s vitamin B6 levels by as much as 30%.
- You can lower your risk of a cardiovascular problem like a heart attack by as much as between 40 and 60% when you consume beer regularly but in moderation.
- It helps to curb insomnia as two compounds in it known as Nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin help to combat sleeplessness.
- Drinking beer is believed to aid your mental health, it will boost your memory and curb any degenerative disorders like dementia and Alzheimer’s disease from occurring.
- With the vitamins present in beer, your skin can look and feel smoother than it has ever been. Damaged skin will also be repaired quicker when you consume beer in moderation.
- Beer will help to reduce your anxiety due to stress. This was the findings from a study conducted by researchers from the University of Montreal in Montreal, Canada.
- Beer can help to curb blood clots which is great for preventing stroke and even a brain aneurysm.
- It is believed that beer can contribute to the good health of your kidneys. A recent study suggests that you reduce your risk of contracting kidney stones by as much as 40% with every bottle of beer you consume.
Source: Time For Healthy Food