Your drink smoothies and juices. You also enjoy detox drinks for flushing out your systems and for the smooth functioning of your things. But there are so many foods from nature that can also provide same powers with natural benefits.
So here are 10 foods that you should take for unclogging your arteries and keeping your heart safe.
1. Avocados – Start using avocado on your sandwich or burger in place of the mayo. According to studies, when you consume avocado daily, it helps in improving your cholesterols levels (reduces LDL and increases HDL). It is HDL cholesterol that is helpful in keeping your arteries free from obstructions.
2. Asparagus – This is your natural artery-cleaning food that works by helping lower blood pressure. It also helps in preventing blood clots which could cause cardiovascular illnesses. Asparagus is a vegetable rich in minerals, fiber and so many vitamins such as vitamin B1, B2, C, E and K.
3. Pomegranate – Pomegranate juice helps in stimulating nitric oxide production in the body. This is helpful in keeping the blood flow and open arteries. It is also referred to as fun fruit. It has phytochemicals which work as antioxidants and help protect the lining of arteries, protecting them from damage.
4. Broccoli – Many people love it and many hate it. But the high amount of vitamin K in broccoli is helpful in preventing calcium from causing damage to the arteries. Broccoli is also loaded with fiber and this helps in keeping your cholesterol and blood pressure levels low.
5. Turmeric – When you add turmeric to your diet, it helps in minimizing the damage caused to the arterial walls. It also helps in reducing the risk of blood clot. It is a spice that is a highly powerful anti-inflammatory. Turmeric helps in reducing inflammation. Arteriosclerosis is mainly caused by inflammation. In this condition the arteries become hardened.
6. Persimmon – They contain high amounts of polyphenols and antioxidants. Thus, persimmons help in reducing your triglycerides and LDL. because they also are rich sources of fiber, they are effective in regulation of blood pressure and in keeping the arteries clear.
7. Spirulina – These Blue – Green Algae helps in relaxing the artery walls. It also helps in the stabilization of blood pressure and balances blood fat levels. Spirulina also helps in the regulation of your blood lipid levels. It also contains proteins with all essential amino acids required by your body for maintaining optimum health.
8. Cinnamon – Cinnamon is a delicious spice that is loaded with antioxidants. It helps in improving your cardiovascular health through the protection of blood against oxidation. It is also effective in reducing cholesterols levels. It clears plaque and prevents additional build-up. You can simply sprinkle some of it in your toast, coffee, or almost any other food. It helps in spicing up your food.
9. Cranberries – These antioxidant-rich foods may be helpful in reducing the overall risk of heart disease by a staggering 40%. They work by helping minimize LDL cholesterol and increasing HDL cholesterol levels.
10. Green Tea – If you drink 1-2 cups of green tea daily, it can help in improving your blood-lipid levels. It also helps in reducing arterial blockage. It is rich in catechins and can affect the absorption of cholesterols during digestion. Green tea also helps boost the metabolism naturally. This can be helpful with weight loss and supporting your cardiovascular health.
Source: Super Tasty Recipes